Colima is a city in western Mexico near the Pacific Coast that’s known as the “City of Palms.” The weather is heavenly year-around and banana and coconut palm trees cover the landscape, which lies in a valley between active and dormant volcanoes.
After visiting the area’s top attractions, such as the Nevado de Colima National Park, Villa de Alvare, and the Tecoman Cheese Factory, travelers have many accommodation options to choose from. These are some of the best boutique and luxury hotels in Colima.
Hotel Maria Isabel
The Hotel Maria Isabel is conveniently located next to lots of top attractions and is family-friendly, with water slides and an outdoor pool. There’s a well-equipped gym and a restaurant/bar with live music that serves a buffet breakfast, international cuisine, and grilled meats.
Hotel Boutique Hacienda del Gobernador
Travelers looking for a relaxing vacation will love the Hotel Boutique Hacienda del Gobernador because it’s intimate and peaceful. There are just six rooms at this chic boutique hotel, and guests can unwind in the lounge bar at the end of the day.
Wyndham Garden Colima
A stay at the Wyndham Garden Colima promises top-notch amenities, an airport shuttle, and breakfast in the hotel dining room. If you prefer to leave travel planning up to the professionals, the concierge can organize activities for your visit.
Hotel La Merced
Jardin Libertad, the Museo Regional de Historia de Colima, and the Catedral Basilica Menor de Colima are just a 20-minute walk away when you stay at the Hotel La Merced in Colima. It’s also located next to the beautiful Garden Nunez and the historic Temple of Our Lady of Mercy. Parking is available onsite.
Tips for Booking a Hotel in Colima
- Compare deals across thousands of travel sites with our hotel comparison tool at the bottom of this page.
- Pay attention to star and diamond rating systems (diamonds mean more luxury than stars).
- Consider boutique lodgings over chain hotels for a more local, authentic experience.
General Colima Travel Tips
- Take a taxi to get from the airport to downtown Colima (about $20 USD)
- Local cabs should charge no more than $2.50 USD to go anywhere in Colima or the neighboring city of Villa de Álvarez.
- See the volcanic stone, La Piedra Lisa, at Parque de la Piedra Lisa.
- Rent a car to visit the area’s water parks, where the water averages 82-degrees Fahrenheit.